- VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Network of People Living with HIV/AIDS in Nigeria (NEPWHAN)
35, Justice Sowemimo Street, Off T.Y. Danjuma Street, Asokoro Abuja
Position: State Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Location: Imo state
Job type: Full time
Duration: 7 months (renewable)
Job Field: Health, NGO/Non-Profit
Network of People Living with HIV and AIDS in Nigeria (NEPWHAN) is an indigenous non -governmental organization, established in 1998 to serve as a collective voice of PLHIV in Nigeria. The Network coordinates, supervises and monitors programs and activities of Support Groups of People Living with HIV/AID in Nigeria. The organization is registered with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) in Nigeria as a charity, non-profit and non-governmental organization. The Network has established structures at the six geopolitical zones and the 36 State of the Federation, including the Federal Capital Territory (FCT). It coordinates the affairs of Support Groups’ membership across the Federation, as the umbrella administrative body of all support groups of people living with HIV in Nigeria.
As a Sub-Recipient to FHI360 on the Global Fund IMPACT Grant, NEPWHAN is implementing the Care and Support Component of the Grant in 11+1 States, which includes Akwa-Ibom and Nasarawa States. In view of this, we seek applications from qualified candidates for the above positions in the organization, for Global Fund HIV/TB Grant.
i. To reduce new HIV infections, and improve the quality of life for the infected and affected.
ii. To provide Nigerians with universal access to high-quality, patient-centred prevention, diagnosis, and treatment services for TB, TB/HIV, and drug-resistant TB by 2020.
iii. To contribute to the restoration of public confidence in primary health care services in Nigeria, and thereby reverse declines in the utilization of primary health care facilities
Job Title: State M&E Officer
Job Summary: State M&E officer works under the direct supervision of State Project Corrdinator and report to national M&E officers to, maintenance the operations of NEPWHAN Monitoring and Evaluation System at state level for effective monitoring of inputs and results. The (S) he is responsible for obtaining all data from Support group/CBO/Case Managers as stipulated in the M&E plan and responsible for state level data collation and entry.
Reports to: Senior M&E Officer
• Responsible for obtaining all data from Support group/CBO/Case Managers and
responsible for state level data collation and entry.
• Conduct regular supervisory visit to the community – support groups/CBOs for
supportive supervision, technical support or OSDV.
• Query and address any identified data discrepancies in support group/CBO
documentations and make appropriate corrections in the reports before submission
to National office.
• Provide feedback and on-the-job training to the SGs/CBO M&E focal persons.
• Ensure availability of MIS tools, guidelines, job aids and SOPs to SGs/CBOs.
• Perform thorough review and analysis of SDP/SG/CBOs and summary data with
reference to source documents.
• Ensure completion and timely submission of all support group and state summary
data to the national (NEPWHAN following review at the state review/coordination
• Validate and collate all summary data submitted by the support group focal persons
at service delivery points and share findings at state level review meeting.
• Forward validated state summary report to the National (NEPWHAN).
• Represent NEPWHAN in relevant technical meetings at state level.
• Bachelor's Degree or HND in Social Sciences or other related disciplines.
• Previous work experience in Global Fund HIV/TB Grants
• 5 years’ work experience in NGO/CBO or Int’l organizations setting
• Excellent skills in Microsoft office, including Word, Excel and Power point
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills, plus organizational and
• Working knowledge of Care & Support in HIV interventions in Nigeria.
• Attentive to details, highly organized and self-motivated.
• The candidate must be based and resident in the State (Imo State)
Method of Application:
Interested applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae and cover letter by e-mail to the National Coordinator, Network of People living with HIV/AIDS in Nigeria (NEPWHAN), through:firstname.lastname@example.org, and copy email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of the e-mail. Only shortlisted applicants would be contacted for interview. Applicants are advised to provide functional e-mail and mobile phone numbers on the application letter.
Closing date: Friday, 22nd October, 2018
Posted: May 02, 2013
Read 302 times