- VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Network of People Living with HIV/AIDS in Nigeria (NEPWHAN)
35, Justice Sowemimo Street, Off T.Y. Danjuma Street, Asokoro Abuja
Position: State Programme Coordinator
Location: Cross Rivers state-Calabar
Job type: Full time
Duration: 9 months (renewable)
Job Field: Health, NGO/Non-Profit
Network of People Living with HIV and AIDS in Nigeria (NEPWHAN) is an indigenous non -governmental organization, established in 1998 to serve as a collective voice of PLHIV in Nigeria. The Network coordinates, supervises and monitors programs and activities of Support Groups of People Living with HIV/AID in Nigeria. The organization is registered with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) in Nigeria as a charity, non-profit and non-governmental organization. The Network has established structures at the six geopolitical zones and the 36 State of the Federation, including the Federal Capital Territory (FCT). It coordinates the affairs of Support Groups’ membership across the Federation, as the umbrella administrative body of all support groups of people living with HIV in Nigeria.
As a Sub-Recipient to FHI360 on the Global Fund IMPACT Grant, NEPWHAN is implementing the Care and Support Component of the Grant in 11+1 States, which includes Akwa-Ibom and Nasarawa States. In view of this, we seek applications from qualified candidates for the above positions in the organization, for Global Fund HIV/TB Grant.
i. To reduce new HIV infections, and improve the quality of life for the infected and affected.
ii. To provide Nigerians with universal access to high-quality, patient-centred prevention, diagnosis, and treatment services for TB, TB/HIV, and drug-resistant TB by 2020.
iii. To contribute to the restoration of public confidence in primary health care services in Nigeria, and thereby reverse declines in the utilization of primary health care facilities
The post holder will work closely, and report to the Senior Program Officer and Project Manager of NEPWHAN national office in Abuja. S/he will serve as one of the focal person for NEPWHAN in the State, and provide support to M&E and programmatic activities of NEPWHAN in the State.
1. Collaborate with treatment SR/SO in the State for effective project implementation
2. Liaise with facility focal persons in various units of the facility (ART, ANC, PMTCT, Record/M&E unit, Lab, referral focal persons, etc) to ensure cordial working relationship with the facility, and address advocacy issues
3. Monitor and ensure quality of care for PLHIV at all supported facilities
4. Conduct periodic spot-checks on activities of the Case Managers to validate reported data
5. Oversee all Program activities in the State. Write and submit monthly Program narrative reports
6. Ensure timely submission of activity, monthly and other reports to the national office
7. Visit supported facilities to verify activities of the State M&E Officer and Case Managers, and address unresolved project implementation issues
8. Share State level reports with relevant partners (SACA, LACA, State Ministry of Health, etc)
9. Ensure timely response to review comments on Program and M&E reports, as well as audit queries
10. Represent NEPWHAN at all meetings in the State relating to the project and submit reports of such meetings
11. Perform any other duties assigned by the national office and others that add to the success of the project, as may be required.
• Bachelor's Degree or HND in Social Sciences or other related disciplines.
• Previous work experience in Global Fund HIV/TB Grants
• 5 years’ work experience in NGO/CBO or Int’l organizations setting
• Excellent skills in Microsoft office, including Word, Excel and Power point
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills, plus organizational and administrative skills
• Working knowledge of Care & Support in HIV interventions in Nigeria.
• Attentive to details, highly organized and self-motivated.
• The candidate must be based and resident in the State (Cross Rivers State)
Method of Application:
Interested applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae and cover letter by e-mail to the National Coordinator, Network of People living with HIV/AIDS in Nigeria (NEPWHAN), through:email@example.com,andcopy firstname.lastname@example.org@gmail.com Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of the e-mail. Only shortlisted applicants would be contacted for interview. Applicants are advised to provide functional e-mail and mobile phone numbers on the application letter. Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply.
Closing date: Friday, 20th July, 2018
Please take this Advert as a current Vacancy Announcement effective from Friday 6th July 2018 and Ignore the 'Posted May 02, 2013' that is being displayed at the bottom of this Advert.
Posted: May 02, 2013
Read 211 times